We advise a range of domestic and international credit fund sponsors, alternative capital providers and FinTech lenders in respect of a wide range of credit strategies and alternative credit structures.
What do we do?
A Legal 500-recognised investment funds practice, we advise on the following credit strategies and alternative credit structures:
- Direct lending/ senior debt (levered and unlevered)
- Credit opportunities
- Speciality finance
- Real estate debt
- Venture debt
- Infrastructure debt
- Non-performing loan
Alternative credit structures
- Private funds (closed and open)
- Single-asset structures
- Investment clubs/ syndicates
- Mini-bond programmes
- Segregated managed accounts
- Co-investment vehicles
- Online lending/ investment platforms
Structuring, regulatory, tax, distribution and operational advice
Working closely with our Banking & Finance, Tax and Regulatory practices, we additionally provide structuring, regulatory, tax, distribution and operational advice on the following issues:
- Implementation: Implementing lending strategies (including structuring downstream lending or investment architecture) and financing requirements.
- European and UK regulation: Pan-European and UK regulatory and security issues for direct lending/ loan origination, mezzanine and secondary loan. strategies.
- Solvency II/ insurer investors: Solvency II analysis and structuring advice where investors would include EU, UK and/ or Swiss insurance companies.
- German pension investors: Structuring solutions where investors would include categories of German pension plans subject to restrictions on investments into debt funds.
- US direct lending – ECI tax issues for non-US investors: Where US direct lending features, we explore structuring solutions that minimise the twin impacts of ECI taxation on returns and US tax filings for non-US investors, including “Treaty” funds (or “independent agent” funds), “Season & Sell” funds, and leveraged US blockers.
WHO DO WE HELP?
- Direct lending/ senior debt fund managers
- Mezzanine debt fund managers
- Credit opportunities fund managers
- Distressed debt fund managers
- Real estate debt fund managers
- Venture debt fund managers
- Speciality finance fund managers
- Fintech lenders, including online lending platforms
- Financial sponsors
- Lending syndicates
- Institutional investors investing in co-investment or JV lending or debt investment arrangements