We are deeply experienced in advising a wide range of investors around the globe on their investments in private investment funds, managed accounts and other alternative structures. Such investors include sovereign wealth funds, public and corporate pension plans, funds-of-funds, insurers, banks, local enterprise partnerships, family offices and high-net-worth persons.
What do we do?
We assist with investments across all alternative asset classes and investment strategies, including.
- private equity funds
- venture capital funds
- real estate funds
- debt funds
- infrastructure funds
- hedge funds
We provide our investor-side clients with extensive and continually evolving services, including:
- reviewing and analysing fund terms, drawing upon our extensive knowledge of the market
- negotiating side letters rights and LPA amendments
- reviewing fund investments for risk, regulatory, ESG and tax issues (including tax efficiency and effectiveness of fund structures based on the tax characteristics of our investor-side clients)
- advising on secondaries
- advising on key person, removal and other fund events
- providing insight into current market conditions and industry standards
WHO DO WE HELP?
We are highly experienced in the commercial, legal, tax, regulatory and policy concerns that need to be considered when investing in investment funds and other alternative structures.
By acting for a wide range of investors, we gain valuable exposure to the broader market and the latest approach to fund terms. Acting on both sides of the table give us a deep understanding of the drivers that influence fund sponsors and investors and provides us with a rounded perspective of the market.