We advise venture capital funds, fintech sponsors, life sciences fund sponsors, and growth-oriented managers from across the UK, Europe, the Americas, and Israel.
A market-leading venture capital funds practice recognised by Legal 500, we have a unique reputation for unparalleled international and multi-jurisdictional venture capital funds experience, market knowledge and commercial insight.
What do we do?
Our extensive experience includes advising on the following in relation to venture capital funds.
- EuVECA funds. Advising more cross-border EuVECA funds than our peers, we are a true market leader in the European Venture Capital Funds Regulation regime and its UK equivalent.
- Fintech. We are the only investment funds practice working with the fintech specialist for the UK Government’s Department of International Trade to help fintech fund sponsors with the internationalisation of their portfolio companies.
- Accessing investors. Enabling fund sponsors to access investors in venture capital, fintech and life sciences from the EU, UK, United States, Switzerland, MENA and East Asia. We curate a network of relationships to help us advise on global marketing and investor access.
- VC co-investment structures. Co-investment opportunities in the venture capital space often face cost and timing constraints. We develop for the venture capital community cost- and time-efficient structuring solutions to effectively manage EU and US regulatory and marketing restrictions.
- US tax blockers for non-US VC funds. With non-US venture capital funds increasingly investing in US start-ups, we are probably the only investment funds practice specialising in structuring leveraged US blockers that seek to minimise the twin impacts of US taxes on returns and US tax filing obligations for non-US investors.
Who do we help?
We advise both leading and new venture capital funds, fintech sponsors, life sciences fund sponsors, and growth-oriented managers both in the UK and globally.