Ed has over 20 years’ experience advising on the development, commercialisation and protection of brands and technology.
He acts for national and multinational businesses, as well as fast-growth SMEs, and is particularly well-known for his sector expertise in retail, sport, food and consumer products, providing strategic advice to many household names.
How do you help clients?
Recent work includes advising on:
- copycat packaging, new product development and design right
- trademark infringement, passing off and copyright infringement
- cyber threats, including phishing, website cloning and fraud
- reputation management, social media and digital marketing
- sponsorship and naming rights
- patent infringement, entitlement and validity
- rebranding, trademark clearance searching and brand protection
- comparative advertising and ambush marketing
- Advising one of the UK’s largest chains of supermarkets in relation to new product development, copycat packaging, trademark infringement, passing off and copyright infringement.
- Providing strategic advice to a Premier League football club in relation to the management, protection and enforcement of its trademarks.
- Acting for a multinational consumer products electronics company in relation to parallel imports, company name disputes and trademark infringement claims.
- Advising a national chain of hotels in relation to brand management, including numerous domain name disputes.
- Providing strategic advice to a national retailer in relation to its digital marketing, social media and reputation management.