- Location: Manchester
- Email: Louise Ilhan
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 161 836 7719
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7976 836 735
Louise specialises in the acquisition of immediate and strategic land for the UK’s foremost housebuilders. Her work focuses on site acquisition through land options, conditional contracts and promotion and collaboration agreements.
Louise spent ten years post-qualification in private practice dealing with all areas of commercial property, advising a wide range of corporate retail, leisure, banking and investor clients on acquisitions and disposals and all aspects of landlord and tenant and estate management.
For the eight years prior to joining Gateley Plc in 2018, Louise was inhouse Legal Counsel at property developer Merepark and Mansion House Group in north Cheshire, where she was engaged in the full development cycle for mixed use and residential schemes. Working closely with colleagues in the various property development professions of planning, design and construction, her work covered initial site appraisal, advising on heads of terms, securing sites through options and conditional contracts, pre-lets to national brands, forward sales to investors, funding structures, disposals and ground rent sales.
- Advising on the development of a substantial mixed use scheme in Chorlton, Manchester involving complex agreement for lease arrangements envisaging a range of approved schemes, refinancing in complex funding structures on several occasions through the life of the development, pre-lets to national brands and forward sale to a pensions fund, infrastructure and construction documentation and disposal of all individual elements of the scheme.
- Project managing the acquisition of three portfolios of multiple commercial site solar installations through three Enterprise Investment Scheme vehicles.
- Division and disposal of large site to a number of national housebuilders, entailing complex contractual arrangements for infrastructure, overage and deferred consideration, including HCA grant and bank funding.
Louise is keen on squash, cycling and music. She also enjoys good food and spending quality time with her husband, two teenage daughters, family and friends.