Robert specialises in intellectual property law. His practice focuses primarily on handling IP and IT related disputes and their resolution.
Robert has extensive experience of both conducting and defending actions involving the infringement of IP rights. He also has experience of handling claims for compensation and other remedies arising from the termination of commercial agency agreements.
- Acting for Pendle Metalwares Limited in its successful claim against Empteezy Limited for infringement of UK design rights, Community designs, copyright and for passing off (involving High Court trials on both liability and quantum).
- Acting for Hachette Book Group, Inc. in its application to the Commercial Court for an interim injunction (in support of arbitral proceedings in the London Court of International Arbitration) to restrain the infringement by Hesperus Press Limited of copyright in the best-seller “The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared”.
- Acting for Niche Products Limited in its claim in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court against MacDermid Offshore Solutions, LLC for malicious falsehood, copyright infringement and breach of confidence.
- Acting for Flowers Direct Online Limited in defence of Interflora’s High Court claim against it and Marks & Spencer plc for trade mark infringement arising from their purchase of Google AdWords containing names protected as registered trade marks – the first of its kind in the UK.
- Acting for The Ninja Corporation in a series of successful patent infringement claims in the High Court.