Shiv acts on a full range of banking and related corporate finance matters including acquisition finance transactions, real estate finance, project finance, general corporate lending, asset finance, asset-based lending and debt finance transactions for borrowers and lenders.
Shiv has experience of drafting, negotiating and advising clients on loan and other funding agreements, intercreditor agreements, priority and subordination arrangements, intra-group loans and security documents.
Shiv’s clients include many of the major leading banks and financial institutions operating in the UK and a number of alternative and corporate lenders in a range of sectors.
Having read law at the University of Sheffield (LLB and LLM in Corporate and Commercial Law), Shiv sits on numerous boards including a private hospital, a national charity and one of the country’s leading multi-academy further education colleges. He is also an outgoing committee member of the Lincolns Business Club and ex-President of a regional Junior Lawyers’ Division.
Shiv has previous experience in commercial dispute resolution, intellectual property, business start-ups and high net worth estates and trusts.
- Acting for a UK clearing bank on the provision of various facilities to a number of connected offshore property investment companies registered in Jersey and BVI.
- Acting for the lender on a £71m investment and development facility of a large portfolio of commercial and residential properties.
- Acting bank and company (borrower) side on a number of finance transactions and assisting with security arrangements.
- Assisting on bilateral transactions to facilitate management buy-outs and corporate acquisition deals.
- Assisting Midlands Engine Investment Fund in debt finance matters to support small to medium sized businesses.