Alison is the office managing partner for Gateley in Belfast and is a partner in the Real Estate and Banking & Finance teams. She is dual qualified and was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Northern Ireland in 2005 and in England & Wales in 2015.
Alison obtained her Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency in 2012 and is an member of the Insolvency Practitioners’ Association and a member of R3.
She has over 20 years’ experience in acting on behalf of a number of developers and real estate clients in commercial and residential acquisitions, disposals and asset management.
Alison is experienced in all secured lending matters and has a special interest in real estate finance transactions. She acts on behalf of a number of national lenders advising on taking and enforcement of security; appointment of administrators and receivers; debt assignments and settlements; and loan sales.
Alison was also seconded to Ulster Bank GRG Recoveries NI from 2010-2012 where she was an assistant manager dealing with a large portfolio of distressed borrowers.
How do you help clients?
I help clients acquire and dispose of all types of property assets ranging from dwelling houses, cafes and warehouses to large scale development sites. I take them through each step of that process ensuring their desired outcome is achieved, often within a tight timeframe.
I help my banking clients to provide facilities to borrowers and take security over particular assets, as well as helping borrowers in providing security over their assets to lenders.
- Acting on behalf of Home REIT plc in the deployment of capital and acquisition of property portfolios in England & Wales.
- Acting on behalf of a local developer in the acquisition and subsequent disposal of an apartment development in Northern Ireland.
- Acting on behalf of a local developer in the acquisition, construction and disposal of large-scale site in Belfast to a housing association.
- Acting on behalf of DESCH in the negotiation of its lease of new warehouse premises in Northern Ireland.
- Acting on behalf of a local company in the negotiation of its lease for new warehouse premises in the South of England.