Richard has a wealth of experience in tax matters and is a Chartered Tax Adviser. He advises on employee share incentive agreements, tax provisions in business and share sale agreements, venture capital investment reliefs, capital gains tax planning, reorganisations and real estate taxes including stamp duty land tax and VAT.
- Providing stamp duty and SDLT advice on reorganisation of large property investment group.
- Managing the EMI scheme of a listed company by drafting options, filing relevant notifications and returns and ensuring that company and individual limits were not breached.
- Implementing a joint stock ownership plan for a listed company.
- Acting for an institutional investor who was funding a management buy-out of an international group.
- Acting for the vendors of a company carrying on cloud storage business.