- t: 0115 983 8220
- m: 07850 207 497
Helen specialises in providing employment law advice to businesses at all stages of the employee lifecycle, helping clients to make informed, balanced decisions based on a thorough appreciation of legal and commercial requirements.
Helen has particular experience of advising on the employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions, acting for private equity, management teams and trade in relation to complex acquisitions, disposals and private equity investments.
She has particular expertise advising private equity portfolio companies and is regularly instructed on board level employment and strategic issues, such as senior exits and integration projects.
Helen regularly delivers employment law and HR training at client and public events and has written blogs and articles on a number of employment law-related topics, including #MeToo, dress codes and discrimination and wider HR issues, such as employee retention, unconscious bias in recruitment selection and organisation culture.
Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, Helen held senior HR roles within multi-site retail and financial services organisations, specialising in project managing major business change initiatives, including large-scale restructuring, outsourcing and redundancy programmes, the application of TUPE in outsourcing, acquisitions and disposals, the development of global HR strategy and leadership and management development.
She is a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
- Advising LDC on its £13m investment into the management buy-out of Precision Micro, a subsidiary of Meggitt Plc.
- Advising Connection Capital LLP on the management buy-outs of Mode Print Solutions, Tempcover, ACT Clean, Clamason Industries and Essex Safety Glass.
- Advising Inflexion Private Equity on the management buy-out of PCMS Group.
- Advising and supporting a nationally well-known charity on a complex disability discrimination grievance.
- Advising a small pet food company in a highly contentious disciplinary process involving a director’s breaches of fiduciary and contractual duties and gross misconduct in relation to downloading offensive and pornographic images.