Helen advises businesses and individuals on the full range of human resources issues, including employment contracts and policies, complex grievance, disciplinary and performance management issues, managing redundancy selection and consultation procedures, advising on the effects of TUPE, advising clients in respect of restrictive covenant disputes, negotiating settlement agreements and defending employment tribunal claims.
Helen also advises on the employment issues of mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and management buy-outs, from conducting due diligence to drafting and negotiating warranties and indemnities, directors' service agreements and letters of appointment. She is frequently instructed post-completion by investors and management teams in relation to ongoing employment matters.
Helen regularly delivers employment law and HR training at client and public events, including Gateley’s HRXchange workshops and has written blogs and articles on a number of employment law-related topics, including #MeToo, dress codes and discrimination and wider HR issues, such as employee retention, unconscious bias in recruitment selection and organisation culture.
Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, Helen held senior HR roles within multi-site retail and financial services organisations, specialising in project managing major business change initiatives, including large-scale restructuring, outsourcing and redundancy programmes, the application of TUPE in outsourcing, acquisitions and disposals, the development of global HR strategy and leadership and management development.
She is a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and the Employment Lawyers Association.
- Advising LDC on its £13m investment into the management buy-out of Precision Micro, a subsidiary of Meggitt Plc.
- Managing a long-term project for a national land developer, replacing all of their existing HR documentation, including ensuring that their policies were compliant with their new delegated authority guidelines.
- Developing and delivering training for clients, one-day courses on investigations, disciplinary and grievance procedures and on recruitment and performance management.
- Advising and supporting a nationally well-known charity on a complex disability discrimination grievance.
- Advising a small pet food company in a highly contentious disciplinary process involving a director's breaches of fiduciary and contractual duties and gross misconduct in relation to downloading offensive and pornographic images.