- Location: London
- Email: Oliver Harker
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 207 653 1735
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7947 757656
Oliver advises on a broad range of corporate and capital markets matters, including private M&A, Takeover Code-governed transactions, private equity and venture capital and joint ventures.
Oliver has over 14 years’ experience of advising on complex cross-border transactions.
Oliver is primarily based in our London office, but travels widely supporting his clients around the world.
Oliver acts for private and public listed companies, financial institutions, private equity, management teams, entrepreneurs and state owned entities.
Oliver’s recent experience includes advising:
Public M&A & Capital Markets
- The Astana International Exchange on regulatory matters;
- Gemfields on its £211 million hostile acquisition by Pallinghurst Resources;
- Gemfields on its £256 million lapsed acquisition by Fosun Gold Holdings;
- MelodyVR on its reverse takeover by Armstrong Ventures on AIM;
- Fortune Oil in connection with its placing of shares to a major controlling shareholder on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange pursuant to a waiver of the obligation to make a general offer under the Takeover Code;
- Adams Street Partners on its £30 million investment into two partnership structures managed by Pollen Street Capital in connection with Pollen Street Capital and BC Partners’ £1 billion consortium bid for Shawbrook Group;
- Birmingham City’s holding company on its mandatory acquisition of Birmingham City Football Club;
- MSA Safety on its $200 million acquisition of Latchways;
- NetDragon Websoft on its £100 million offer for Promethean World;
- Fortune Oil on its £388 million acquisition by Fortune Dynasty Holdings; and
- The Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan in connection with its $4.7 billion consortium bid for Eurasian Natural Resources Corporation.
Private M&A and Private Equity
- The shareholders of Playground Games on its acquisition by Microsoft;
- Global Brands Group on its acquisition of Romelle Swire;
- SoundCloud on its investment by The Raine Group and Temasek;
- Major League Baseball/BAMTech LLC on its acquisition of Cake Solutions;
- Kazkommertsbank on its sale to Halyk Bank;
- Bunge on its acquisition of Cargill’s port services, crushing and refining assets in Amsterdam and Brest;
- FXCM on its disposal of the DailyFX business;
- CBPE Capital on its acquisition of Anesco;
- CBPE Capital on its acquisition of Côte Restaurants;
- Dalian Wanda on its $55 million investment into Atlético Madrid Football Club; and
- UniGroup on its acquisition of Sterling Relocation.
Oliver enjoys playing and watching sport and the latest cinema releases.