Leanne is a solicitor and Trusts and Estate Practitioner at Gateley Legal. Her area of expertise includes estate administration (and related matters) together with estate and succession planning, acting for both high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals.
She specialises in estate administration and post-death tax planning, dealing with both contentious and non-contentious related matters. She also acts as a professional executor and trustee.
Leanne’s other areas of expertise include:
- advising on and implementing complex, tax-efficient wills
- trust administration (and related matters)
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Court of Protection applications
- care fee planning and asset protection
Leanne is the former vice-chair of STEP Manchester.
- Providing estate planning advice and related support to high net worth clients, acting as joint power of attorney for financial affairs with other advisors where appropriate.
- Advising executors in the administration of high net worth estates including multi-jurisdictional estates with complex wills and assets including private company shares.
- Working with other advisors in the resolution of contentious disputes over wills; providing an expert opinion on lifetime planning including post-death reporting to rectify the immediate issues and advising on potential litigation to seek compensation for loss of value.
- Pre- and post-death estate planning; providing lifetime estate planning and advice on post-death variations to vary estates for tax mitigation and to achieve a greater level of wealth protection.
- Working with third-party professional advisers in relation to wealth and asset protection through trusts.