John has expertise in a wide range of commercial property work with a particular focus on the hotels and leisure sector, real estate finance, retail and investment property matters.
John advises a variety of international and UK corporate clients on acquisitions and disposals of various types of commercial property, from individual properties to the acquisition or sale of portfolios of properties. He has acted for a number of institutional landlords and corporate tenants on estate management matters, including the roll-out of branded concepts. In addition, he also regularly works closely with colleagues on the property elements of corporate transactions.
In 2011 and 2012, John was a panellist at the Hotel Investment Conference Africa held in Durban, South Africa. He is a member of the South African Chamber of Commerce in the UK and facilitates the development of relationships between Africa and the UK.
- Acting for a large UK listed Plc on the disposal of a large site in Surrey for circa. £11m. The site was earmarked for redevelopment and comprised of a number of tenanted offices and storage units.
- Advising UK clearing banks on the acquisition, refinancing and redevelopment of various hotels and leisure sites.
- Acting for an international shoe manufacturer on the roll-out of its UK stores.
- Advising an institutional landlord on the estate management of two shopping centres.
- Acting for one of the UK’s largest nightclub and leisure operators and a London-based bar group in connection with their acquisitions, disposals and estate management.