Alex specialises in dealing with complex contentious insolvency and civil fraud matters, with many of his cases arising from overseas jurisdictions such as the British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Commonwealth of Independent States.
Alex also acts for a number of the UK’s leading insolvency practitioners and has brought a variety of recovery actions that have arisen out of wide scale fraud and tax avoidance, often in circumstances where the principal creditor of the insolvent estate is HMRC.
- Acting for UK liquidators in High Court proceedings against an offshore defendant in respect of claims exceeding £50m.
- Obtaining a worldwide freezing order in the UK High Court on behalf of a BVI court-appointed receiver to aid enforcement action in the CIS.
- Acting for provisional liquidators appointed over multiple companies operating in the payroll and construction sectors who were suspected of engaging in missing trader intra-community fraud.
- Acting for Gibraltar liquidators in a successful application to the Gibraltar Court of Appeal concerning officeholder remuneration.
- Acting for liquidators of Portsmouth City Football Club Limited, the corporate entity which operated Portsmouth Football Club and in 2010 became the first Premier League team to enter administration.