Alex is an experienced dispute resolution lawyer who has worked on a variety of complex and high-value assignments, often emanating from clients based overseas including from the former Soviet Union, Europe and many of the offshore jurisdictions.
His practice area encompasses asset recovery, civil fraud and group litigation.
He is recognised by Legal 500 as a “key lawyer” within the Gateley team.
- Working with lawyers from the BVI and Belize to implement an international asset recovery strategy for a HNWI based in Switzerland. This included obtaining a worldwide freezing order in London to facilitate the realisation of a valuable hotel complex in Uzbekistan.
- Pursuing a breach of duty claim in London on behalf of multiple corporate entities against a defendant based offshore and securing multi-million pound recovery.
- Leading an international team of lawyers to obtain urgent interim relief in an offshore jurisdiction and prevent the dissipation of a valuable residential property.
- Working with victims of fraud in both the UK and abroad to devise litigation and enforcement strategies to recover misappropriated assets.
- Acting on many high profile insolvencies, including Portsmouth Football Club, Silentnight and Asil Nadir.