Simon heads up Gateley’s Business Services group and is also head of the Commerce, Technology & Media practice. He is a commercial lawyer in every sense, advising clients across a range of sectors. Simon advises on:
- Commercial ventures
- Outsourcing (of IT, logistics, facilities management and other business processes)
- Procurement of goods and services
- Licensing of rights
- Supply chain management
- Bribery Act compliance
How do you help clients?
I focus on businesses that need commercial agreements written to a very high standard whilst keeping negotiations within budget and on time. My experience stretches over 30 years, covering a range of business sectors and a mosaic of corporate clients.
I believe that good legal documents focus on the outcome. Although a lawyer's work is often completed when a contract is signed, this is just the start of the business which each agreement records. The capacity to look ahead and prepare for the future relationship is paramount and I strive to complete the negotiation of agreements so that my clients have a strong contractual platform from which to realise the return on investment driving their commercial goals and objectives.
- Advising West Ham United on the club’s relocation to the Olympic Stadium.
- Advising a leading utility company on various outsourcing projects.
- Advising Modec on its joint venture with Navistar.
- Advising HSBC Bank Plc on outsourcing projects.
- Advising a leading sportswear brand on logistics and warehousing contracts.