Jonathan heads the Commerce, Technology & Media team in Manchester. He specialises in intellectual property, information technology, commercial agreements and competition law, handling both contentious and non-contentious matters for local, national and multi-national businesses.
He is known for handling complex intellectual property and IT disputes and for acting for “high tech” businesses, particularly in the life sciences field.
How do you help clients?
I help clients to manage risk, by advising them on the structures and commercial terms to adopt in their dealings with others. When things go wrong I help them to resolve their differences in the most effective way possible.
- Drafting a series of technology licences relating to the development and exploitation of a family of cancer drugs.
- Defending a copyright infringement action relating to fabric used in a ladies’ blouse.
- Advising a biomedical business on the best way to acquire certain key technology from a University together with ongoing access to its scientific facilities.
- Pursuing infringers of designs in smoking bins and patents in children's toys and recovering substantial damages.
- Advising an energy management business on the acquisition of rights in technology being developed for it.