Chris predominantly acts for Midlands-based commercial property developers in respect of the acquisition, funding, development and disposal of land. He also advises on general real estate management issues. Chris has particular expertise in the industrial, retail and high rise residential development sectors.
Chris’ experience ranges from initial site diligence, drafting and negotiation of acquisition documents for investment acquisitions and bespoke acquisition documents for land assembly for development schemes including commercial/ mixed use residential schemes, retail parks and industrial/ distribution hubs, site disposals, drafting and negotiating lease documentation (mainly acting for landlords).
How do you help clients?
I assist clients with achieving their development goals by providing practical and commercial legal advice in a timely manner.
- Acting for Stoford on the acquisition, pre-let and development funding of a new Peugeot UK parts distribution centre of 668,000 sq ft in Ellesmere Port. The land was acquired from Vauxhall and sold to Frasers Logistics Commercial Trust subject to a pre-let to Peugeot for £101m.
- Acting for Stoford on the acquisition, pre-let and development funding of the new Sandvik Head Office in Halesowen. The land was sold to AW James and development finance was obtained from West Midlands Combined Authority.
- Acting for GB Partnerships on the acquisition, pre-let and development funding of a new medical centre in Stourport. The land was acquired from Wychavon District Council and sold to Assura subject to a pre-let to a GP practice.
- Acting for Colmore Capital on the acquisition of Wavendon Business Park (multi-let office business park) for circa £23.5m.
- Acting for Regal on several Birmingham City Centre high rise residential tower developments.