- Location: Birmingham
- Email: James White
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 121 234 0128
- Direct Fax: +44 (0) 121 234 0005
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7971 898 451
James is an expert in Landlord & Tenant law. He leads a team of lawyers who specialise in advising businesses in relation leasing, managing and disposing of commercial property.
James has particular experience in the retail sector. He is a member of the firm’s retail sector group and has advised a number of national retailers in relation to their store portfolios. James sits on the property committee of a national retailer, reporting monthly to the main board on property matters.
James also has substantial experience of dealing with office lettings, advising both landlords and tenants on new lease arrangements. His work has included advising on lettings of office space in the City of London as well as regional head office facilities for retailers, professional services firms and national housebuilders.
In addition James has worked with businesses in the industrial, manufacturing and logistics sectors advising on land acquisitions as well as sale and leaseback transactions.
- Advised GO Outdoors on the property aspects of the sale of the company to JD Sports.
- Acted for Watches of Switzerland on its entire property portfolio, including advising on the letting of 16,000 sq. ft. of prime retail space on Regent St in London’s West End.
- Acted for global sportswear brand Gymshark on the letting of a new head office comprising 42,408 sq. ft. of refurbished category “A” office space.
- Advised Grant Thornton on the letting of 26,000 sq. ft. of office space at Colmore Plaza in Birmingham.
- Advised West Ham United Football club in relation to the property aspects of the club’s relocation to the Olympic Stadium.
- Acted for steel manufacturer Steel & Alloy Processing on the purchase land for the development of a 115,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility in the West Midlands.
James plays cricket for a local club and also for the firm’s cricket team. He is also a keen rugby follower and enjoys skiing.
James is an experienced sailor and has crewed on yachts in the Channel Islands, the Mediterranean and the Caribbean