Emily specialises in advising client on regional and national developments, with a current focus on unsafe high rise building remediation acting on behalf of funders and contractors. Clients include housebuilders, investors and other construction industry professionals and stakeholders.
Emily assists in drafting and negotiating all key construction documents including building contracts, appointments and collateral warranties, over both commercial and residential projects. Emily can also provide practical risk management advice and carry out construction due-diligence on construction packages provided to funders, purchasers and corporate occupiers.
- Advising a global company on the fit-out works at its new London headquarters.
- Carrying out due-diligence on the construction packages provided to a global logistics company looking to take several new leases on commercial units across the country.
- Advising multiple leisure companies on refurbishment of hotels and holiday parks.
- Advising a UK bank looking to offer funding for several properties. This involved the preparation of comprehensive reports outlining the security on offer as well as practical steps to be taken to manage any gaps in the cover provided.
- Drafting and advising a client looking to implement a consultant and contractor framework to complete construction projects at multiple UK sites.