Stuart is an experienced pensions partner and a full member of the Association of Pension Lawyers. He advises sponsoring employers and trustees of occupational pension schemes on a wide range of pensions issues and has extensive experience in drafting pension scheme documentation. Stuart advises clients on issues such as GMP equalisation, scheme funding requirements, employers’ auto-enrolment obligations and the Pensions Regulator’s anti-avoidance powers, and provides support in relation to the pensions aspects of corporate transactions.
Stuart is also CEO and trustee director at Entrust. Find more about this role here.
- Advising employers and trustees on the interpretation of scheme documentation and on the exercise of their duties, powers and discretions.
- Advising employers on their auto-enrolment obligations and on the Pensions Regulator’s anti-avoidance powers.
- Providing advice to purchasers and vendors as part of corporate transactions.
- Advising on the closure of pension schemes to future accrual.
- Drafting consolidated definitive trust deeds and rules and setting up and registering new pension schemes.