David acts for clients on a wide range of corporate, property and business taxes. He has a particular specialism in employee share schemes, and frequently advises clients on the design and implementation of a wide variety of tax-advantaged share incentive schemes including EMI, SAYE and growth share plans. David also has a detailed knowledge of the employment-related securities regime from both tax and compliance perspectives.
He regularly acts for individual, corporate and investor clients of all shapes and sizes, drafting and negotiating the tax provisions for their M&A transactions. David also advises on the tax implications of business and asset transfers, particularly in connection with TOGC treatment for VAT purposes.
David’s practice also includes giving advice to housebuilder and developer clients on the SDLT and VAT implications of land acquisition structures and development agreements.
He also delivers internal training sessions to colleagues across different departments on a variety of tax issues.
- Designing, implementing and advising on management incentive and SAYE schemes for a Plc client in connection with its IPO and listing on TISE, and later readmission following a subsequent acquisition.
- Acting for a private equity investor on the tax aspects of its investment as part of a £22.5m management buy-out by a global aerospace, defence and energy group.
- Advising two national housebuilders on the SDLT implications of their joint acquisition of a major development site in tranches.
- Advising Carbosynth, a worldwide supplier of carbohydrates, nucleosides and biochemicals, on the UK tax aspects of its merger with Biosynth AG of Switzerland.
- Advising a major financial adviser on strategic acquisitions of majority stakes in several independent financial adviser and wealth management targets from owner-managers.