Andrew is an experienced construction lawyer, dealing with both contentious and non-contentious matters. He acts for a broad range of clients, including developers, contractors, funders and high-net-worth individuals in relation to commercial and residential construction and engineering projects.
Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, Andrew worked as a risk analyst for a major UK bank. Andrew then worked in the construction department of an international law firm for many years before joining Gateley in 2023.
- Advising on the drafting and negotiation of a wide range of construction contracts, including JCT, NEC4 and FIDIC.
- Advising developers in relation to professional negligence claims against construction consultants, including architects, engineers and quantity surveyors.
- Acting for employers, contractors and subcontractors in relation to complex extension of time, loss and expense and valuation disputes.
- Acting for funders in relation to the construction aspects of lending for various development projects, including forward funding and development management agreements.
- Providing strategic advice to developers and contractors during live projects.