Safeea advises all types of clients on all areas of commercial litigation. She is an effective litigator, dedicated to supporting clients and achieving great results. Safeea specialises in IT and telecom disputes, shareholder disputes, breach of contract claims, employee restrictive covenant breaches and breach of warranty and indemnity claims.
Safeea’s experience also includes disputes involving: partnership claims, sale of goods/ supply of services, franchises, defamation, agency agreements, registration and enforcement of foreign judgment and costs litigation.
Safeea handles litigation in the High Court and Court of Appeal and at all stages of the litigation process (from pre-action to trial, enforcement and appeals). She successfully uses alternative methods of dispute resolution to achieve commercial and practical outcomes for her clients.
She is experienced in dealing with claims involving misrepresentation, negligence, breach of fiduciary duties and civil fraud and has conducted her own advocacy.
- Achieving a successful settlement for a high street bank in a claim against it involving allegations of fraud, breach of contract, misrepresentation and unfair relationships arising from foreign exchange swap services.
- Successfully acting on behalf of a major Plc landowner and property developer in respect of a claim against it by a foreign company seeking recognition and enforcement in England and Wales of a €3m judgment obtained in foreign proceedings.
- Achieving a successful settlement for an engineering company following the wholesale failure of its new IT system.
- Successfully acting for a private equity investor in a breach of warranty claim valued in excess of £1m, achieving a commercial settlement without issuing proceedings which included variations in favour of the client to the equity holding and deferred consideration.
- Successfully achieving a pre-action settlement on favourable terms for an engineering business engaged in a multi-million pound and cross border dispute with a premium car manufacturer.