- Location: Birmingham
- Email: Safeea Shafiq
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 121 234 0152
- Mobile: +44 (0) 785 060 5621
Safeea trained with Gateley PLC and is an experienced associate in the Commercial Dispute Resolution team. She advises on all areas of commercial litigation. Typically her clients are PLCs, privately owned companies, charitable associations, directors, shareholders, investors and high net worth individuals. She is an effective litigator, dedicated to supporting clients and achieving great results.
Safeea specialises in IT and telecom disputes, shareholder disputes, breach of contract claims, employee restrictive covenant breaches and merger and acquisition disputes.
Safeea’s extensive experience includes disputes involving: contractual breaches, shareholder claims, partnership claims, employee restrictive covenant breaches, IT and telecom services, sale of goods/supply of services, franchises, breach of warranty and indemnity claims, banking services, defamation, guarantees, agency agreements, registration and enforcement of foreign judgment and costs litigation.
Safeea’s work involves litigation in the High Court and Court of Appeal and all stages of the litigation process (from pre-action to trial, enforcement and appeals). She successfully uses alternative methods of dispute resolution to achieve commercial and practical outcomes for her clients.
She routinely deals with claims involving misrepresentation, negligence, breach of fiduciary duties and civil fraud and has conducted her own advocacy in both the High and County Courts.
- Achieved a successful settlement for a high street bank in a claim against it involving allegations of fraud, breach of contract, misrepresentation and unfair relationships arising from foreign exchange swap services.
- Successfully acted on behalf of a major PLC landowner and property developer in respect of a claim against it by a foreign company seeking recognition and enforcement in England and Wales of a €3m judgment obtained in foreign proceedings.
- Achieved a successful settlement for an engineering company following the wholesale failure of its new IT system.
- Successfully acted in cross border litigation for a PLC wholesaler in its claim against its exclusive distributor in the US.
- Safeea successfully achieved a pre-action settlement on favourable terms for an engineering business engaged in a multi-million pound and cross border dispute with a premium car manufacturer.
Protect your business from IT and telecoms risks
Complete our survey to access exclusive insight. What would happen if your business suffered a failure in its IT and telecoms system? The implications for your business could be serious.
The management of such risks will rely on effective IT and telecoms systems and support from external suppliers. Our IT and Telecoms Disputes team can help your business do more to mitigate risks by proactively managing potential conflicts or disputes within your supplier/customer arrangements.
Tell us about your experiences in managing risks and issues with your systems by taking our short survey and we will share with you a copy of the report prepared by Safeea Shafiq, our IT and Telecoms disputes specialist, free of charge.
All answers will be anonymised in the report and no contact information will be shared with anyone outside Gateley Plc.