Sharon qualified in 2011 and practiced as a corporate lawyer in Toronto, Canada for two years before joining Gateley Legal in 2016. Since then, Sharon has developed a practice advising on corporate banking transactions with a particular focus on real estate and development finance transactions. She has experience acting for many of the major UK banks as well as property developers and corporate borrowers in a wide variety of sectors and industries. These transactions often involve offshore entities and complex structures involving off-shore trusts.
- Acting for a major clearing bank on the refinance of more than £125m of facilities to various offshore entities owned by a Mauritian parent secured on investment properties in England and Scotland with security granted by a JPUT.
- Advising a major clearing bank on a £14m facility to a limited partnership invested in by a Jersey Unit Trust and on the corporate group’s compliance with FSMA and operating a collective investment scheme.
- Acting for a major clearing bank on a £30m revolving credit facility secured on a large portfolio of residential properties.
- Acting for a major clearing back on providing an additional £10m facility to an AIM-listed English Plc to finance the acquisition of a US subsidiary which reported sales of $18m in 2018.
- Regularly acting for clearing banks on bilateral facilities ranging from £5m to £20m to English and offshore entities that are secured over a variety of commercial and residential property portfolios.