Shazan has experience in a broad range of commercial property work, from acquisitions and disposals to property finance and landlord & tenant matters. He has acted on a number of high-value disposals of mixed use developments and portfolio sales. He regularly acts for developers and investors and has particular expertise on student accommodation projects with complex planning and overage provisions. He also has considerable experience in acting for insolvency practitioners and has dealt with numerous disposals in this area.
Shazan acts for a number of household names in the retail sector as well as investors, developers and landlords.
- Advising on retainer basis the UK’s largest luxury jeweller and prestige watch retailer, dealing with all aspects of its property portfolio. Advising this group in relation to a number of its high-profile flagship stores in central London and prominent shopping centres throughout the country. Negotiating complex leases with all of the major institutional landlords.
- Heading-up the Property team on a number of portfolio acquisitions and sub-sales for a major client in the social housing sector, requiring understanding and appreciation of a number of factors including planning and tax elements.
- Acting for a developer (specialising in providing student accommodation) in relation to the £140m disposal of its business which comprised of ten multi-let buildings.
- Advising an international investment fund in relation to a number of high-value acquisitions and disposals in central London, typically as TOGCs involving capital allowances, TUPE issues, service contracts and complex rent apportionments.
- Acting for a major property investment company in relation to the acquisition and finance of a substantial mixed use portfolio (144 properties) and a multi-let industrial estate.