Jocelyn specialises in real estate finance for both investment and development facilities, including hotels financing. She also has experience of corporate lending and investment grade lending. She has represented a range of UK, European and US banks, building societies and funds in UK and cross-border finance transactions. She also has significant experience acting for real estate finance borrowers.
Jocelyn has experience in acting for a variety of surety and insurance firms, both individually and in syndicates/ groups. This includes advising on indemnities, facility letters/ agreements and risk-sharing arrangements and in particular on the interaction of sureties’ rights with secured senior debt which may be in place and the documentation covering that.
- Advising Santander in relation to the consolidation of six existing real estate finance investment facilities into one c. £27m facility agreement
- Advising Santander in relation to a c. £37m real estate financing of a portfolio of properties in London
- Advising a group of companies holding a portfolio of properties on the refinancing of c. £25m debt with two new lenders and 5 facility agreements.
- Advising a UK fund on a c. £25m development facility in relation to a residential development.
- Advising a syndicate of seven surety companies in relation to the drafting and negotiation of a facility agreement and counter indemnity agreement on a cross-border £300m facility, involving 10 jurisdictions, to secure the pension bond obligations of a large multi-national manufacturing company.