- Location: Birmingham
- Email: Ruth Armstrong
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 121 234 0038
- Direct Fax: +44 (0) 121 234 0027
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7718 559 662
Ruth is able to advise on all regulatory disciplines ranging from fatal accidents to fraud and pollution to bribery.
Ruth has over 20 years’ experience of regulatory and white collar defence work for businesses and senior office holders.
Ruth enjoys walking and travel. She also enjoys all kinds of music and going to the theatre.
- Acted for a manufacturing business following a fatal accident to a sub-contractor and successfully avoided a prosecution for corporate manslaughter.
- Advising on all the environmental and Health & Safety aspects of closing operations at a business with a landfill site, combined heat & power plant and water treatment facility.
- Acted in the investigation of a high profile publicly listed business by the Serious and Organised Crime Agency (SOCA) for fraudulent transactions.
- Acted in an investigation of a high street bank and a senior banking manager by SOCA for fraud.
- Acted in an Environment Agency investigation for illegal waste deposits at a natural beauty site within a flood plain and resisted the criminal investigation and enforcement actions commenced by the agency.
- Acted in a multi-sited EA prosecution of a waste business on allegations of permit searches and illegal operations over a sustained period.