Holly specialises in complex contentious construction and surety matters. This includes adjudications, High Court litigation and the mediation of construction, engineering and professional negligence disputes. She acts for and against employers, developers, contractors and sub-contractors in addition to construction professionals such as architects, surveyors or engineers. In respect of her surety work, Holly advises on complex bond wordings, transactions and disputes in relation to bonds, indemnities and guarantees.
Holly enjoys Higher Rights of Audience before the Senior Courts of England and Wales.
- Acting for a developer in a successful High Court claim to set aside an adjudicator’s decision: Lane End Developments Construction Ltd v Kingstone Civil Engineering Ltd  EWHC 2338 (TCC).
- Advising leading sureties in respect of bonds issued on behalf of an insolvent entity with values in excess of £100m.
- Acting for a leading surety in respect of demands made on bonds with a total value in excess of £30m: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Europe Limited v Euler Hermes Europe SA (NV)  EWHC 2250 (Comm).
- Advising a leading developer in respect of claims for loss and expense and delay in adjudication proceedings.
- Advising individuals in respect of a negligence claim against an instructed architect in respect of the construction of a private dwelling.