Lorna specialises in all aspects of employment law. She acts for larger corporate clients, with sites and operations throughout the UK, in a range of sectors including utilities and energy, health, retail and hospitality.
Lorna has an extensive litigation practice and acts in many complex, high value and multiday Employment Tribunal cases, in particular she has been involved in some high value whistleblowing and protective award disputes.
She advises on non-contentious matters, including employment contracts and bonus arrangements, executive terminations, internal grievances and investigations, internal disciplinary processes and investigations, workplace policies, individual and collective redundancies and changing terms and conditions of employment.
- Advising on a complex constructive dismissal and whistleblowing case involving a 5-week hearing with a value of over £3m.
- Advising on a race discrimination case involving agency worker issues.
- Defending a protective award claim involving over 200 claimants valued at over £3m.
- Providing employment advice in relation to TUPE on outsourcing and mergers.
- Conducting investigations for employers in respect of both internal grievance and disciplinary procedures.