Lorna specialises in all aspects of employment law. She acts for larger corporate clients, with sites and operations throughout the UK, in a range of sectors including utilities and energy, betting and gaming, health, retail and hospitality.
Lorna has an extensive litigation practice and acts in many complex, high value and multiday Employment Tribunal cases, in particular she has been involved in some high value whistleblowing and protective award disputes.
She advises on non-contentious matters, including employment contracts and bonus arrangements, executive terminations, internal grievances and investigations, disciplinary processes, work place policies, individual and collective redundancies and changing terms and conditions of employment.
- Advising on a complex constructive dismissal and whistleblowing case involving a 5-week hearing with a value of over £3m.
- Advising on a race discrimination case involving agency worker issues.
- Advising on a protective award claim involving over 30 claimants.
- Providing employment advice in relation to TUPE on outsourcing and mergers.
- Advising employers on the employment law implications of the closure of defined benefit pension schemes, including advising on the collective consultation process required in order to change terms and conditions of employment impacted by the closure of the scheme.