Simon specialises in real estate development, finance, investment and joint ventures. He has a wealth of experience in complex real estate development matters including town centre regeneration, retail office and distribution parks and residential promotion and collaboration.
He is a focused and committed advisor, transacts large complex deals and has a proven track record of working collaboratively with clients.
Simon has significant expertise in real estate finance and structuring. Whilst often acting for the developer (including as development manager), Simon has frequently been instructed by public sector sponsors and occupiers, investors, financiers and corporate occupiers.
How do you help clients?
My knowledge of complex development projects means that I can legally project manage a multi-party transaction speedily and efficiently allocating risk, whilst having a mature understanding of the financial modelling so not compromising returns.
- Acting for Clowes Developments on the funding and sale of the 1m sq. ft. Midlands M&S retail connected distribution hub and the acquisition for them of a major development site in 9 Elms, London
- Acting in relation to urban extensions for CWC Group at Castle Donington, Chellaston Derby, and Fairham Pastures, Nottingham – these include complex promotions and consortium arrangements.
- Acting for Quintain on a major student development and disposal as part of their Wembley development and acting for iQ in respect to several nomination agreements in relation to their student portfolio.
- Acting for Southampton City Council in relation to Hammersons development of Watermark a £120m flagship leisure scheme at Southampton involving complex funding and public procurement.
- Acting for Concierge 3 in its acquisition, letting (to Premier Inn & Staycity) development and funding to M&G of a £210m new build hotel complex.