- Location: Leeds
- Email: Paul Ball
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 113 261 6793
- Mobile: +44 (0) 752 616 9938
Paul is a partner in the Employment team, based in Leeds. He regularly advises clients across a variety of sectors in relation to:
- Day-to-day employee issues such as disciplinary action and dealing with grievances
- Strategic advice in particular relating to change management: large scale redundancy, changing terms and conditions of employment or business transfer situations
- Discrimination issues
- Confidentiality and post-termination restrictive covenant issues
- Contractual issues in relation to business transfers and TUPE
- Employment aspects of corporate transactions
- Employment law training
- Service agreements
- Settlement agreements, in particular executive severance
Advised a client about the successful introduction of new pay arrangements which immediately eliminated a potential seven figure pay arrear liability.
Obtained a significant costs award against a claimant who had pursued unsubstantiated allegations of sexual harassment.
Designed and co-delivered substantial compliance management training programme on investigation skills for a global manufacturer.
Paul has advised employers on all aspects of employment law for over 20 years and has particular experience in relation to discrimination issues, contractual issues arising on business transfers, and the delivery of in-house client training.
Paul has spent time on secondment as acting in-house Employment Counsel for an integrated facilities management business, advising senior HR and management in relation to strategic issues and best practice in handling some of the fundamental aspects of employment law responsibilities.
Paul enjoys collaborating and knowledge sharing with HR teams and line managers and has significant experience of training clients in a wide range of business sectors. In a previous role, for over 3 years Paul was responsible for designing and delivering public and in-house employment and skills training courses and webinars for clients in both the public and private sectors, in the UK, Europe and across the world.
Paul is the dad of two small boys, so he has no spare time. Which is a blessing for Paul, because it reduces the amount of time he would otherwise spend “enjoying” (in the most generous definition of the word) supporting Tranmere Rovers FC.