Georgina joined the patent profession in 2017, qualifying as a Registered European Patent Attorney in 2022 and moving to Adamson Jones the same year. Georgina holds a Masters degree in Physics from King’s College London.
Georgina has experience dealing with a wide variety of intellectual property rights, including patents, designs, trade marks, and copyright. She takes a pragmatic and hands-on approach to handling matters and providing straightforward advice to clients.
Georgina has defended a copyright infringement claim before the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court, resulting in a favourable settlement. She has dealt with worldwide branding disputes having won numerous oppositions and revocations before the trade mark registry and assisted international attorneys in doing the same before national offices.
Georgina now primarily handles patent work within the engineering and physics sectors, with a particular focus on mechanical engineering, medical devices, and electronics.
Georgina works with a range of companies, her experience primarily being with owner-managed SMEs and technology-focused start-ups.
How you help clients?
I help clients protect their innovations through drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications before the UK and European patent offices. In addition, I assist clients with overseas protection by working with agents during the prosecution of corresponding applications at other national offices.
I can advise clients on how to navigate through intellectual property rights of competitors by performing freedom-to-operate assessments and identifying potential risks.
I also help clients by preparing and filing registered design applications in the UK and Europe, with a view to extending protection overseas.
- Defending a copyright infringement claim before the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court on the design of an industrial product, resulting in a favourable settlement.
- Reviewing and advising on ownership and entitlement of intellectual property rights in collaborations and acquisitions.
- Helping clients understand how intellectual property rights can be recognised and enforced online for quick infringement solutions.
- Assisting clients with their intellectual property rights and advising on the role they play in development and commercialization of a product.
- Handling patent portfolios for owner managed SMEs and technology focused start-ups, with a particular focus on rail technology.
- Advising on potential patent freedom-to-operate risks in the UK, Europe and overseas.