We regularly work with in-house lawyers in relation to all property requirements that could affect and impact upon business occupiers.
In doing so we are experienced in all types of landlord and tenant work, property-related disputes, building surveying and capital allowances. We adapt the way in which we work with in-house lawyers by ensuring we clearly understand their business and priorities so that we can effectively support them in managing their property assets.
Specific areas of advice include
- New and renewal leases
- Acquisitions and disposals of freehold or leasehold land
- Property management issues, such as licences for alterations, licences to assign or guarantee agreements
- Serving Landlord and Tenant Act notices and issuing lease renewal proceedings and handling dilapidations settlements
- Property-related disputes including those relating to break notices, rent reviews and forfeiture; party wall advice; lease renewals and landlord’s consent; the Electronic Communications Code; and rent and service charge issues
- Building surveying including repair and refurbishment, condition surveys, building management and appraisals, dilapidations, insurance claims and reinstatement cost assessments
- Capital allowances, identifying the tax savings available for expenditure incurred buying, building, refurbishing or fitting out commercial property.
In addition, we offer real estate training and support to in-house lawyers and their teams to keep them up to date with legislative and case law changes and potential changes on the horizon, providing clear and regular case updates so that they can keep a handle on (sometimes) large numbers of transactions and fees.