We advise sports sector clients on constitutional structures and governing bodies on the use of their powers, working closely with our litigation team to advise on potential legal challenges.
This breadth of experience means we can provide efficient, practical and proactive advice to our clients operating in the sports sector.
- A number of sporting bodies – Advising on the drafting and redrafting of constitutional documents for bodies including the British Table Tennis Association for the Disabled and the Football League Community Trust.
- British Amateur Boxing Association – Advising on the constitutional requirements of the United Kingdom Sports Council and the ongoing funding of the association.
- British Sub-Aqua Club – Advising on a range of issues, including governance matters.
- Premier League and Championship football clubs – Advising clubs including MCFC, EFC, and WHUFC on anti-bribery compliance, constitutional, company secretarial matters.
- Margaret Morris Movement Foundation – Advising on the redrafting of the Margaret Morris Movement Foundation’s articles and memorandum of association.
- Supporters Direct – Advising supporters’ trusts on a broad variety issues, including funding structures, changes to club ownership, fan representation and constitutional matters and processes.
- Portsmouth Supporters Society – Advising on the sale of its shareholding in the club to Tornante Group, the investment company of Michael Eisner, former CEO of Disney, including negotiating the terms of the transaction and advising the trust board on the associated constitutional matters.
- Notts County Football Club – Advising on the sale of its shareholding to a Danish consortium. The complicated restructuring deal involved many different parties and took 6 months to complete.