We are experienced in advising sporting organisations on all types of property matters – from the Etihad Stadium and Goodison Park to the Ponds Forge swimming centre and the British Wrestling Academy.
We advise on landlord and tenant matters, all planning issues (including planning applications, appeals and agreements), construction, property disputes, pre-development procurement options, negotiating and drafting development contracts and professional appointments (architect, project manager, quantity surveyor etc.).
Our contentious team has experience with high-value disputes in respect of defective contractor works, design faults and payment disputes.
- British Wheelchair Basketball Association – Advising in regard to its lease of office space and use of world class facilities at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield.
- Preston North End Land Football Club, Deepdale Stadium – Advising on all real estate transactions including the acquisition of strategic land and advising on letting the commercial areas of the Deepdale Stadium for a private gym, charity HQ and cafeteria.
- Lancashire County Cricket Club, Old Trafford Cricket Ground – Advising on the real estate and planning aspects of the redevelopment of Old Trafford Cricket Ground, including £32m of investment in the “turning” of the wicket, new pitches, two new grandstands, construction of state of the art player and media facilities, extension to the ground’s indoor cricket school and public areas, and a refurbished pavilion.
- St Helens RLFC, Totally Wicked Stadium – Advising Langtree Group on its successful planning application for a new stadium for St Helens RLFC. The complex proposal involved transforming the derelict former United Glass site to create a new 18,000 capacity stadium for St Helens as well as a 140,000 sq. ft. Tesco Extra next to the rugby ground.
- WHUFC, London Stadium – Advising on the successful bid by WHUFC to take over the Olympic Stadium after the Olympic Games in London, including advising on infrastructure works to convert the stadium, tenancy matters, management of the stadium, athletics and community legacies and project finance.
- MCFC, Etihad Stadium and City Football Academy – Advising on, and negotiating the development documents in respect of, MCFC’s new training academy including a stadium, office space and 17 pitches. Also advising on the West Stand Tunnel Club project, the South Stand expansion and stadium refurbishment and management.
- EFC, Goodison Park and Finch Farm training centre – Advising in respect of the fit-out of Desso GrassMaster pitches at EFC’s Finch Farm Training Centre, an expansion of the existing Finch Farm training facility and refurbishment works at Goodison Park Stadium.
- AFC Bournemouth – Advising on the construction of AFC Bournemouth’s new training facilities, including nine full size pitches, an indoor playing surface, and state of the art sports science, medical and fitness facilities along with new office and press conference space. Also advising the club on the planning, construction and commercial elements of its proposed new football stadium.