Piers is a RICS registered valuer with extensive experience in all types of valuation, including investment, taxation and loan security across the principal asset classes, valuing single assets and development sites, as well as property portfolios, with a geographical focus on London and the South East. He has previously worked closely with most of the main UK lending institutions and various overseas banks, local authorities and private individuals. In addition to this, he also has investment consultancy background, concentrating on the acquisition of commercial property.
Alongside the extensive experience of valuing property in the mainstream uses classes of retail, office, industrial and residential, Piers also has a track record of valuing various alternative use classes such as Private Rented Sector schemes (PRS), Houses of Multiple Occupation (HMO), serviced offices, petrol filling stations and medical centres.
Piers uses his valuation knowledge and experience to specialise in compulsory purchase issues and advises various businesses on compulsory purchase procedures and compensation entitlement for claimants affected by a range of high-profile schemes.
Piers has also attained the Investment Management Certificate (IMC) which is delivered and awarded by CFA Society of the UK.
- Advising an independent car dealer affected by a proposed development consent order (DCO).
- Advising and negotiating compensation for a substantial Art Deco cinema acquired through compulsory purchase.
- Advising and negotiating compensation for a national pub group affected by HS2.
- Advising on potential compensation for various land promotors and developers affected by linear schemes including HS2.
- Advising housebuilders looking to team up with local authorities to assist with the land assembly process.