Joanna acts as Programme Officer for various public inquiries, hearings and examinations, including those relating to planning, compulsory purchase orders, renewable energy, community infrastructure levies, transport and highway projects.
She is recognised by the Planning Inspectorate (PINS) and has worked with many of the leading barristers and law firms within the planning sphere.
Her role as Programme Officer requires her to organise and administer an independent, cost-effective and efficient inquiry under the direction and guidance of the inspector(s), effectively becoming the inspector’s ‘right hand man’ throughout the inquiry process.
Joanna is responsible for managing the day-to-day arrangements of the inquiry, before, during and to an extent after the inquiry is held. This includes dealing with correspondence on behalf of the inspector and recording all documents submitted to the inquiry, providing fundamental administration and organisational skills. As Programme Officer, Joanna plays a major role in the preparation and maintenance of the inquiry programme in conjunction with the inspector, to which there can be frequent revisions, so a flexible, patient and sensitive approach is required.
- The M4 Corridor around Newport Proposed Route - Public Local Inquiry into various proposed Road Schemes and Orders – 2016 to 2018
- The London Borough of Croydon (Whitgift Centre and Surrounding Land Bounded by and including parts of Poplar Walk, Wellesley Road, George Street, and North End) – Compulsory Purchase Order 2014 and Stopping Up Order No. 2 2014 - 2015
- The Ratty’s Lane, Hoddesdon Energy Recovery Application - Inquiry into demolition of existing buildings and structures associated with existing rail aggregates use and construction and operation of an Energy Recovery Facility - 2018
- The Proposed Leeds Trolley Vehicle System - 72 Day Public Inquiry - Proposed Transport and Works Act Order, Request for Deemed Planning Permission and Applications for Listed Building and Conservation Area Consents - 2014
- Canterbury City Council Community Infrastructure Levy Hearing –2019