- Location: Manchester
- Email: James Seed
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 161 836 7895
- Direct Fax: +44 (0) 161 836 7701
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7795 152 962
James commonly acts in complex breach of contract claims, shareholder disputes, contentious trust and probate matters, High Court employment actions, and professional negligence claims.
James’ experience is based on work for public and private companies, professional associations, high net worth individuals, estate executors, and insolvency practitioners.
He has significant experience of injunction applications and trial work, whilst his practice encompasses litigation in the County Court, High Court and the Court of Appeal, often with a cross-border element. He has successfully used mediation on many occasions as an alternative and cost-effective means of resolving disputes.
- Resolution of a professional negligence claim for the recovery of substantial losses arising from offshore investments being lost in major Ponzi scheme.
Settlement following an 8 day trial of a shareholder dispute arising from the termination of a joint venture.
- Seeking injunctive relief to prevent a disciplinary hearing from taking place so as to avert risk of the client’s dismissal.
- Advising the executors of a substantial estate on the defence of multiple claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
James enjoys a variety of sports, especially football and golf, as well as spending time with family and friends.