Gateley’s IP lawyers are recognised experts in their field, but also commercial pragmatists. IP can throw up complex technical problems, so we find clever solutions that work for your business.
What do we do?
Our team can advise you on all aspects of intellectual property law, including trade marks, passing off, copyright, patents, designs, confidential information and domain names.
We help to identify and protect IP rights in the UK and internationally. We manage trade mark portfolios, and devise brand strategies designed to give you the best protection. We help you to commercialise and exploit IP rights confidently and effectively throughout the world, by negotiating the right terms for your licences and agreements.
Gateley’s team has a strong track record of winning and resolving disputes relating to IP. We combine tenacity, technical knowledge and commercial nous to fight your corner in an efficient and commercial way.
How can we help you?
- Brand protection: We help brand owners to protect, exploit and enforce the rights that underpin their brands. Our services include licensing, copyright and trade mark advice, and social media enforcement.
- IP disputes: We are tenacious litigators who relish fighting your corner, and seek to achieve neat solutions rather than drowning you in red tape and process.
- Licences and contracts: We have substantial experience of advising on agreements relating to IP, and royalty arrangements. We can help with licences, collaboration agreements, tech transfer and R&D agreements, media agreements and confidentiality agreements.
- Trade mark applications and management: We offer a ‘one stop shop’ for trade mark services, blending solicitor and trade mark attorney expertise to give you the best of both worlds. We offer trade mark screening, filings in the UK and overseas, portfolio management, renewals, and ‘watch’ services.
- Trade mark oppositions and disputes: We are experienced at advising on all types of trade mark registry disputes, including objections, oppositions, revocations, and cancellations.