- t: 0120 436 2888
- m: 07967 965 015
Bob is a non-practising barrister and chartered quantity surveyor and represents parties in adjudication and mediation. He accepts instructions as an expert relating to quantity surveying matters, gives opinions on matters in dispute and provides reports and commentaries on contracts (including PFI contracts) and sub-contracts both for risk management purposes and for execution. He has specialist knowledge of all aspects of the construction industry, in particular M&E services and legal matters.
- Representing parties (employers, contractors, and sub-contractors) in the agreement of terms during the procurement of major public sector projects, including hospital and nuclear.
- Meeting with a contractor’s senior team to discuss non-payment of an interim certificate on a school’s project and advised them to call the employer to request the payment. They did so and were paid.
- After referring a dispute to adjudication, on a major London housing project, the other side asked for time to discuss. The adjudication was put on hold and the parties agreed a settlement, following which the adjudicator stood down.
- Successfully referring disputes to adjudication, resulting in multi-million pound decisions, including in defence and undersea projects.
- Successfully assisting a homeowner in Scotland, who found herself in adjudication involving a dispute with a contractor over a small home extension.