Partner & Head of Complex and International Recovery Work
- t: 0121 234 0110
- m: 0771 855 9667
Mark is Head of Gateley’s Complex and International Recovery Work unit. He has over 25 years of experience in all aspects of corporate insolvency, turnaround and restructuring acting for banks, venture capitalists, insolvency practitioners and corporates.
Mark specialises in contentious insolvency matters often involving offshore entities and allegations of fraud or breach of duty. He also has a niche practice in bringing claims against and defending insolvency practitioners.
How do you help clients?
- I assess risk quickly and identify whether claims and defences are viable. I give cost-effective and straight forward initial advice, assimilate detail and back my judgement by taking cases, if appropriate, at risk.
- I also have a track record of attracting funding to the most complex and large cases.
- Advising stakeholders in relation to the administration of a UK manufacturer of electric vehicles whose contracts were subject to the laws of the state of New York.
- Advising on a high profile case brought by liquidator of a Tier 1 automotive company against its former administrators for failing to act in the interests of creditors.
- Acting for the liquidators of Angelmist ( EWHC 1858 (Ch)) in claims against the former directors and a Jersey-based corporate trustee for selling the company's property at undervalue in breach of duty in the context of avoided tax and stamp duty.
- Advising on a high profile fraud case against several partners of a national firm of insolvency practitioners realising circa £21m.
- Successfully acting for a Caribbean-based insolvency practitioner in £85m dishonest assistance claim against auditors.