Chris is a leading player in the Midlands restructuring market and is widely known for his superb technical ability, the clarity of his advice and his straightforward approach.
Chris’s career in restructuring started in 1989 and since then he has been involved in many of the Midlands’ largest restructuring and insolvency assignments. He acts for companies and their directors, for banks and other financial institutions and for turnaround specialists and insolvency practitioners.
Chris is a fellow of R3 and between 2016 and 2019 was chairman of R3 in the Midlands. Chris is also a member of the Institute for Turnaround (IFT) and part of the IFT's regional steering committee.
Consistent client praise for continued excellence led to Chris being inducted into ‘The Legal 500 Hall of Fame’ in 2018.
- Acting for financial institutions in connection with the financial restructuring of an international group of companies
- Acting for a hospitality business in relation to a company voluntary arrangement
- Acting for the administrators of a property development group in relation to the sale of the group’s business and its assets
- Acting for the directors of a retail business and giving advice relating to their directors’ duties
- Acting for the owner of a football club, resisting winding up petitions and achieving a solvent sale