Alison specialises in acquisition, corporate and leveraged finance and acts for banks, funds and alternative lenders in their roles as senior (including unitranche), super senior RCF or mezzanine lender as well as private equity investors.
Alison has particular expertise in acting both investor and lender side on sponsor-backed acquisitions, and advises on bilateral and syndicated finance transactions across a wide range of industries.
Alison has spent some time in-house at Barclays Bank where she gained experience in project and infrastructure finance as well as general corporate lending, and was heavily involved in a bank-wide project to improve the setting and measurement of financial covenants.
Alison also has experience in real estate finance and ABL transactions.
- Acted for Shard Credit Partners in relation to a unitranche facility, and investment, used to acquire Alexander Technology Europe Limited from Woodside Capital Partners.
- Acted for a Connection Capital portfolio company on a bolt-on acquisition including negotiating finance documents relating to term and revolving credit facilities and loan note documentation.
- Acted for Clydesdale & Yorkshire Bank in relation to term and revolving credit facilities provided to refinance bridging loan notes issued to Northedge further to its initial acquisition of Phoebus Software.
- Acted for Lloyds Bank plc in its role as super senior lender in a club including US funds. This involved negotiating the facilities agreement to ensure it complied with the bank’s super senior roadmap.
- Acted on the acquisition and subsequent sale of Westleigh Group for Palatine Private Equity, including negotiating finance documents on the original acquisition and dealing with redemption mechanics on exit.